Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thinking 9 Jul 09

Well it’s 1:30 in the morning on 9 Jul 09 and I’m at work and just doing some thinking about where I’ve came from in just a little over 7 months and where I’m at now and where I want to go with this. Where I have come from? It really seems like a dream. I can look at pictures and it’s like that wasn’t really me. Where am I at now? It’s crazy, but I feel like I’m at a boring time now. I’m just not sure about this, I just feel blah now and I have a lot on my mind now from work to family. I’m glad I have this running to just get away from everything. I have been thinking though that I need to set me up an eating plan, a menu if you will and go by it. As I’m needing more calories because of my longer running and getting more calories I’ll have to admit I’m craving more FOOD…..stuff I haven’t had or wanted in over six months. I just feel like if I make me a weekly menu and stick to it that it will help with the temptation of wanting others foods that aren’t good. I may work on this tonight I don’t know. I’ve all ready been running it through my mind I just really need to put it down on paper. I am also looking forward to starting the marathon training plan; right now it is due to start on Jul 27. I don’t know I’ve been thinking again about not doing the San Antonio one and try to find one closer to home. Money is just tight right now as it is with everyone and I keep telling the kids we have got to tighten up then I’m planning this trip and my mindset is kind of like this is for me and I make the ¾ of the money that comes in for our family of four so I’m going to do this it’s my money! I honestly feel guilty about this, it’s like they need to sacrifice then so do I also. I don’t know I’ll surf the web and see what I can find closer to home. There is one in Huntsville in December that would only be a little over a couple of hours from home, but I got this desire to do it as close to the one year point of me starting this journey for some reason and that date would be 1 Dec 09. I don’t know I’ll pray about it and think about it and do some checking and we’ll see what happens. My long range goals seem kind of simple yet they are huge, of course the next big one is to do the marathon between now and the end of the year then of course keep the weight off and eat right. Saying them seems so simple, but when I think about all of the hard work and mental toughness it will take they seem scary. I just know I’ve got to do like I have up to this point to get me to this point and that is one small challenge at a time and focus on getting through each challenge. Well I’ve rambled enough. I hope to start sharing more of what’s on my mind with this and this was just kind of what was on my mind this morning…doing this today not tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing awesome!! Congratulations. You probably do need more food. I am no expert, but your food intake does look a low and especially for how active you are. I bet you could start enjoying more healthy food and still have tremendous success in maintainig that awesome weight loss. The dailyplate.com is an easy way to keep up with calories, exercise and it is free.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Barry said...

Hey Thanks for the comments and for the link....I gave it a quick look and it looks like something that would be good to use.