Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vacation and 14 Miler Baby!

Just got finished running 14 Miles in Gatlinburg!


How my vacations have changed. When I use to go on vacation it was largely about how much food I could eat and what kinds and sleeping late enjoying the time off. Now it’s about eating right and staying busy and still getting my workout time in. I’ve done pretty well on the eating I did eat a few ships the other day while we were in cades cove. It was an unplanned trip so I didn’t pack the right stuff and just had available what we had with us. See it does all go back to planning! As it shows below the above photo I go in 14 miles this past Sunday, Yes! When Jenny and I were here back in January there was this one trail we walked that was 4 miles, I told her I hoped I was able to run it when we came back in July, well I did run it and 10 more! Man it felt good, I was tired and sore for a couple of days after it, but it’s going to be one of those milestones that I look back on. I did have a problem on the run my nipples got irritated and bleed a little, it was painful I took my shirt off at about mile 9 and that stopped it. Tomorrow night I’m doing a 5K in Knoxville and I saw a running store up there on line I may run by there and get some suggestions on what I can do to prevent this or at least help it. I ran 7 on Tuesday and then this morning I just ran 5 since I’ve got the race tomorrow night. Running the race while on vacation is something else I’m trying to do with my vacations. Holiday’s special day’s etc. verses centering them on eating center them around something healthy physically etc. It’s tough but it is better than a big slab of ribs, beans and hot rolls. At least afterwards I feel good about what I’ve done. I’m constantly reminded that it’s the discipline in the small things, I’m not going to lie I wanted to turn the alarm off this morning at 530 and go back to sleep (hey I’m on vacation!), but just having the discipline to get out of bed and start putting my running clothes on was a step in doing my run today and I’ll have to admit I feel good right now having gotten it in. We’ll I got to run, doing this today not tomorrow!

No comments: