Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reality Check - Hills




Had a crazy day yesterday. On my schedule I was to do 8 miles of hills. I really have a love hate relationship with hills I hate running them, but I love the feeling I have after I do it and I beat them, plus I love the benefits of having done them. I woke up at 4:30 so I could be started by 5. It was raining pretty good, but I decided to go ahead and make the drive to where I run. About half way there the bottom fell out I turned around and stared back home then I thought no I’m going to do this I turned around and went to where I park to do my runs it was really coming down then. I sat there waiting on it to slack some, but it never did then I realized I didn’t have time anyway to do the run and still make it to work on time. So I left and went home. My intentions were that after work I would go get the run in. I didn’t figure the heat and humidity into it, when I thought about that I was tempted to not go. I fought through that temptation and ended up going around 4:00 PM it was hot and it was humid. The first couple of miles were hard then I seemed to settle in till the last two and they were tough. During the run I came up with a new saying “Your mind will tell you its pain and to stop, your heart will let you know it’s just discomfort and to keep going.” I pushed through the discomfort and made it. It really came down to having the desire to do it. Summer took some pictures of me, I thank her for that. I’ve got to lose some more weight it will just help me on the endurance part I’ve gained about ten, nothing to be too concerned about but I’m going to get back on the eating better and when I run the Marathon in December I want to be in the 170s I’m in the 190s now so 15 or so pounds between now and December. Doing this today not tomorrow.

No comments: