Wednesday, June 3, 2009

6 Months

Just got through running 9 miles!
105 Pounds Lost!


Well I’m sitting here thinking and looking back over the last six months and all I can say is wow. I weighed this morning and I weighed 188 that is 105 pounds since 1 Dec 09. I also ran 9 miles this morning, yep 9 miles it doesn’t seem real, it doesn’t seem like I’ve done this……I mean I have lost 105 pounds in 6 months and went from being give out walking up a flight of stairs to being able to run 9 miles without stopping. I never imagined it this quick. I knew I needed to lose that that much, but honestly can say I never thought I would do it that quick. As I try to reflect back over the past 6 months, I have to say discipline is the key. Having the discipline to eat right, the discipline to exercise daily, the discipline to drink the water, I really do believe that water was a big key in this I could really see the weight come off easier when I got my gallon of water in. Like I’ve told others I didn’t make excuses why I couldn’t, but to created situations where I could. I feel so much better, I worked in the yard this afternoon and it actually felt good I enjoyed it. I pray I stay healthy and can continue to progress with the running, I guess I’m crazy, but I love to run. Well here is a first for today I have taken the day off from running/walking I did it for 143 days in a row without missing. I decided to take today off because a lot of the reading I’ve been doing stresses the importance of rest and especially when you do longer distances. Again all I can say is wow, I wish I could put this into words, but it’s so hard to describe, I guess as Summer would say “I got this”…..I got the weight loss part and I’m going to get the marathon…..doing it today not tomorrow!

No comments: