Saturday, June 6, 2009

My 3rd 5K on this Journey

Me getting my trophy
Me, Shelia and Micah

My Time



Summer Me and Jenny




I finished my 3rd 5K this morning on this journey it was a good race. It was in Gordo Alabama, the weather was great it was actually cool this morning. Jenny and Summer went with me and our friend Shelia and her daughter Micah ran in it. Check this out I won the Masters division, I don’t know if that is a good thing or not, does that mean I’m old? It wasn’t a real big race it was in a small town so there wasn’t a huge crowd running; my time was 26.20 I cut almost 2 minutes of my last one in Tupelo. When I run I like to run hills. I don’t really know why they hurt but I love the felling when you get to the top and today in the race that paid off there was a pretty good hill at the half way point and that’s where I made my move if you will, I pulled away from some folks and caught some others on the hill. It felt good and the hill got some folks, but I got it! Doing this today and not tomorrow! I think I’m addicted to this running thing now.

No comments: