Friday, December 26, 2008

Discipline, it's all about discipline!

I’ve had the house to myself today. Jenny and Summer went shopping and Casey slept most of the day and he’s out with some of his friends tonight. I didn’t do to good eating today. It was a boring day and yes when you are bored you eat. I did do this though, I got up and went and walked a mile and half tonight at the track at the school. While I was there I saw and man I believe that is in the guard and his young son who was probably 6 or 7 years old. Our guard unit has been activated and are deploying to Afghanistan in a couple of months. The boy had on a t-shirt about the guard and had his hair cut just like his dads (high and tight). I was walking and went by them while they were stretching (yep his son was running with him) as I approached him he spoke to me and said it’s a nice night for a walk isn’t it? Here he is getting ready to run and he addressed his comments to meet my situation because it is obvious that how big I am I’m not going to run. I thought that was nice of him. Then I couldn’t help but think about what must be going through his mind preparing to deploy. I wondered if it was his first time to be away from his family, if he was struggling to meet the fitness requirements etc. This brought my thoughts back to my military days and how I got through so many things that I didn’t think I could and it really came down to the discipline thing. Doing what I knew I needed to do and not taking no for an answer and giving it everything I had. That is what I’ve got to do with this weight loss thing……. give it everything I have! To help me with the eating part I have decided to do a food log every day and track the calories and make up a page and post it on here starting tomorrow and I plan to do the same with the exercise part starting in January. The fire is starting to build within me……I’m going to do this….today not tomorrow!

No comments: