Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Week 3

Well week three is down and I did progress some this week I lost 3.5 pounds when I weighed in this week I weighed 277.5, I was 293 when I started this and there was actually a time I got up to 297 before I started this time. Still haven’t been able to walk, time issues with work….. long hours and I’m supposed to be retired! Then Summer’s cheering so I try and make the games with her and that takes up a lot of time. She is 18 now and a senior so I don’t get to see her or spend much time with her anymore so any opportunity I can I try to take advantage of it. My short term goal now is to make it through the holidays without gaining any weight from the 277.5. I was hoping to break the 270 mark in the first month, but it has been tough with the holidays and my busy work schedule. I hope to get all that under control after the holidays. I’m doing pretty good on the eating though, had a work trip yesterday and when we stopped and ate I had a grilled salmon salad and let me tell you it is hard to not to eat that steak or barbeque ribs and even harder when my work is paying! I’m going to do this I know I am. I hope to get to write more often and document some of the challenges and victories as they occur. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I am glad you started the journey today (nov. 30). Also, that's great that you are loving your daughter. That is worth it. I lost my weight using weight watchers. I know you can do it.
http://run4change.wordpress.com

Barry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barry said...

Thanks for the encouragement, like your site I'll probably be coming by often for some motivation!