Sunday, October 11, 2009

11 Oct 09


Well today’s long run was 14 miles. I’ll talk about it first then recap the week. I got up at 4 to get the run in before early service since I had to be at it today. I got in the bed early last night, so it wasn’t too hard to get up this morning. The first couple of miles I felt real fresh, my legs felt good and strong. Then on mile three my stomach started to hurt I had to take bathroom a break. Felt good after that and the legs still felt good then at mile six my stomach acted up again, yep another bathroom break, not sure what was going on with that, but no more problems with my stomach after mile 6. My legs started to feel a little heavy after that. I never really got in to a rhythm. I did the 14 miles on a one mile loop because it was still dark and I didn’t want to set out on the road so I did it on the mile loop around the school in Hamilton. I don’t know it’s just hard to get into a rhythm there because you are making a turn about ever quarter of a mile. I guess some of it could be boredom. I started to feel pretty tired around mile ten. That is when this doubt I’ve started to have seem to creep in. He I am on mile ten and feeling like quitting and I’d still have 16 to go to do a marathon….I don’t know it’s crazy. I pushed and keep going and finished and one it was over I felt good. Kind of like I had broken through a wall. My overall time was 2:31:29 for a 10:50 average pace. The past week was good. It warmed up and was humid, I was thinking I didn’t really like this cool weather we were having, but I’ll take it over this warm and humid any day. Doing this today not tomorrow.

No comments: