Wednesday, October 28, 2009

28 Oct 09

7 Miles this morning, just an easy 7, I actually forgot my watch so I just ran at a comfortable pace and according to the clock in the car it took me right around 1 hour and 12 minutes, so that was pretty close to my 10 min pace goal. As I near this goal of a marathon and have the half this weekend I can’t help, but let my mind go back in time and think about where I have been and where I am at now. I was thinking this morning about how this time last year I had no desire to lose the weight, in my mind I was just going to be fat the rest of my life! Now almost 11 months later I’m a totally different person, both on the inside and the out. I got to thinking about the discipline it has taken to get this far and I’m not sure why but my mind went all the way back to when I went through basic training for the Air Force over 22 years ago. I hated it, it was tough being away from my family, but I knew if I could make it through those 6 weeks everything would be better. Kind of like when the running gets tough, if you can hang in there you will get through it and it will get better. Doing this today not tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are blogging daily now. I used to stop by your blog often, but was dissapointed when I didn't see a new post for a while. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will have quite a following.