Sunday, October 25, 2009

20 Miles

After the run
Me after 20 Miles
After the Run


Before the run



Wow that doesn’t seem real 20 miles seeing where I was at less than a year ago. This is the longest run I’ve ever done. Just under 10 years ago I had did 18 before, but never 20. Before I talk about the run let me talk about leading up to the run. Last night I felt bad, my stomach felt funny and I just didn’t feel good. I was afraid I might be getting sick, but the feeling never got any worse than just a blah feeling. When the clock went off this morning I just wanted to stay in the bed. Of course I couldn’t, I said this before running the Marathon is more than just race day, it’s the discipline on getting up and doing those runs on the mornings when you just don’t feel like doing it. I was kind of nervous about the run this morning, I was confident based on my last week or so of running based on how I felt, I felt I could do it, but was just nervous about it. I’ve had a funny feeling in my right heal the last few runs nothing major and it usually goes away after a couple of miles, but I was worried it might give me problems. Any way I got up at 5 and was up at Hamilton ready to run just a little after 530. The run started out uneventful didn’t really feel good or bad just Ok. I started to feel blah at around 4 and ½ then there was this dude running that came up beside me and we chatted for about half a mile then he went his way and me mine. The talked kind of picked me up, e told me he ran marathon when he was 50. I got that sick feeling again around mile 7, I took a GU not long after it and I felt better not to long after that. At around mile 9 I had a pretty big hill it was kicking my butt, but I felt good once I got to the top. I felt good from about mile 10 to 15. Then I started to feel tired, around mile 17 I was real tired, my legs were getting tight and I just felt tired, of course my mind was telling to stop and walk a little, I didn’t listen to it I listened to heart and I stuck it out. My last five miles were at a little over an 11 minute pace, but I finished with a time of 3:34:15 for an overall pace of 10:43. I came home and ate some eggs then some cereal, did my laundry for next week and now I’ve just been lying around the rest of the afternoon. Doing this today not tomorrow!

No comments: