Sunday, October 18, 2009

18 Oct 09 and 18 Miles


Rainy Wednesday


More rainy Wednesday


Before the 18


After I finished the 18




Me after the 18



Crazy week this week with the weather. 65 and humid on Tuesday, 63 and raining on Wednesday and then 42 and cool on Saturday, then this morning on my long run it was 34 and sunny. Man it was a beautiful morning this morning for a run. I did the first 6 on the mile loop at the school then went up the hill towards Weston for 5 then to the back to the track then down to the river for 5 then I finished up the last two doing two loops around the school. I felt real good on the first 6. The big hill going to Weston kicked my tail pretty good, but I got over it and felt better. I was really dragging coming back form the river and it was tough having to do the last two around the school. I kind of wished I had of planned it so that when I got back from the river I would have been finished. Over all I was pleased with the run, I was tried and legs felt heavy but I pushed through. My overall time was 3:04:41 for a 10:16 average pace. I had ran 18 before about 9 years ago when I got back from Saudi and I had been doing all that running, so this wasn’t a distance pr if you will, however next week I’m suppose to do 20 for my long run so that will be, I wish I could say I was looking forward to it, I s crazy way I guess I am….why do I like this pain? Doing this today not tomorrow!

No comments: