Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 10


Wow what a week it has been full of ups and downs, but I held true and stuck to what I’m trying to do. One thing I need to do is update this blog daily, there are so many things going on that I want to put down so I can remember them, but I just don’t seem to find the time to do it. I’ll start with this weeks’ totals. I just weighed and I weighed 244.5 so that is a total of 48.5 lost since 1 Dec 09 and a total of 4.5 this week so I am pleased with that. I got my walking (started a little running, we’ll talk more about that later) in everyday I’m up to 38 days with missing a day! Now let’s look at the week. I felt a lot better Tuesday, but I was just darn lazy, I didn’t want to walk and I had really put it off as long as could without doing it and I decided to go and Summer went along with me and it was nice to have her along we had some real good talks and it was funny some times she would get aggravated as Teenagers do with their parents about the direction the conservation was going and I could tell she was wanting to run to her room and slam the door (as teenagers do) but she had now where to go and it was funny to see the frustration on her face. I don’t mean this in a bad way, but she had to deal with the situation and not run from it so I actually think it was teaching her something. Jenny walked with me on Wednesday and Thursday, I really enjoy it when she can come along we have some real good talks on our walks. She has been my number one supporter in this and I feel closer to her now that I ever have. Friday I did my walk in the morning because I knew I wouldn’t be able to any other time during the day to do it. When I had started my second mile my mind was saying man this is going to be long you’ve got 4 more loops to do. So I played games with my mind I broke the long mile loop into section and then on the way back and it was different and made it pass easier. I also did some running in there which felt great! Yesterday I almost punted and didn’t go walk, but I did and I decided to run a little at the start of my walk and when I got to the point I wanted to run to I said you know I feel good I believe I can make it to the creek and I did, then I said you know I think I can make it to Ma Jacks house and I did! Then I said you know I only have about a quarter of a mile left and I will have ran a mile with out stopping…..guess what I did it, yep I ran a mile yesterday with out stopping (the foot print at the top of this post is one I left while doing it). I did some more running during the rest of my walk and last night when I got home I added it up and I ran 2.75 miles out of my 5 with the longest being the first mile then I had a half of a mile in there also without stopping. The half mile was real tough and I finished going up a hill, when I made to half mile point I held my hands up and yelled yes, you would have thought I had just finished a marathon (someday!). On the eating part you can see the log to see how I did, but just a few stories that won’t show up in the log. I had two days where I craved everything from that ole snickers bar to beanie weenies to cheese sticks, but I didn’t give in. Then last night Jenny and I went out with some friends to eat and I counted my calories and knew what I was going to eat before I ever got there and I stuck to it even when the lady brought our free deserts for Valentines Day. I was polite and told her I would not be eating mine and she could just please carry it back to the kitchen. Then after supper we went over to a friend’s house to have birthday cake and coffee for a friend of ours who is turning 70 on Tuesday, again I politely turned down the birthday cake and just had a cup of coffee. I’m excited I’m doing this today and not tomorrow!

No comments: