Tuesday, February 3, 2009


Wow where do I start it has been a week since I have written so much has happened. I’ll try and pick up with mine and Jenny’s Vacation. We did real well on the eating and exercising didn’t miss a day walking and we walked in some beautiful places. We ate some delicious and good for you food, my favorite meal was the grilled trout it was so good. I did have one minor slip up, we were in a food store that has jams and jellies and such that Jenny likes to go into and they had some samples of fresh pecan pie (oh man that is my favorite!) and I did sneak a bite it was a very small one probably not even an quarter inch by quarter inch square. I felt so guilty after I did it. We went back to the store a couple days later to pick up some stuff for friends that jenny forgot to get and I told Jenny I would wait in the car that time. I guess I should try and come up with a favorite walk, but I can’t they all were unique in themselves. I lost 5 pounds during the vacation so that was good. I’ll give my monthly totals at the end of this. The one moment that sticks out from the vacation though is while we were walking one day and planning our walk for the next. It was going to be a couple of different hikes to some water falls and such and I started running through my head this isn’t going to be right because I’ll not be walking my distance continuously but in a couple different hikes. I’m like this isn’t going to be right, then I thought hey at least I am out here then I was reminded of a shirt I saw in a store and it said “The journey is the destination” and you know that is what this weight loss journey I am on should be I need to enjoy each day of it some days are better than others, but each day there is something rewarding if I just look for it. Anyway I went back to the store and bought the shirt. OK here we go on the monthly update, I weighed on Feb the 1st and I have lost 40 lbs so far I weighed in at 253! Man that is awesome. For the month of January I walked 94.5 miles and spent 32 hours and 27 minutes doing it. Now for today, folks are starting to notice I have lost weight now, I’m starting to get ask more if I have lost weight when I’m out and about, it feels good. Tonight was cold we tried to walk outside, but the wind was so tough we did get in 2.25 outside and a little inside on the tread mill. I’ll try to get better on updating this, it’s that time management thing again….but hey I’m doing this today not tomorrow!

No comments: