Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday


Today was Easter Sunday and I almost made a costly mistake with my planning not on the eating I did good with that. Let me tell you about that first then I will tell you about the almost rut row. We got invited to my mom’s this morning and some friends for lunch. My mom always cooks so good so I was afraid I might give in, but she had a turkey sandwich on wheat waiting for me for breakfast, I know not you traditional breakfast but hey it worked. Then at our friends she is a wonderful cook so I knew I would be challenged so I brought my banana and wheat bread with me and just enjoyed the fellowship with good friends verses the good food. Then for supper tonight I had two turkey sandwiches on wheat. Now for the almost rut row as of today I haven’t missed a day walking or running in 94 days. I checked the weather last night and saw rain was moving in this afternoon so I had planned that right after lunch I would get it in. Well we stayed at our friends longer than I needed to and I was real tired and I wanted to watch some of the master’s golf tournament so I went over to mom and dads after we left our friends. I sat down on the couch and started to watch the masters and fell asleep I woke up and went out to walk and it was thundering and lighting so I couldn’t go then. I got home around 63oish and the rain had set in. It wasn’t thundering or lighting just raining so me and Summer went and walked in the rain for two miles we were soaked (see our pic above)! It wasn’t my normal 5 but hey I did get some in. Summer was a trooper for hanging in there with me. Lesson learned this “today not tomorrow” is priority it has to be, it’s the only way it can be., today not tomorrow.

No comments: