Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Recap


Well another month down on this Journey, that’s a total of 5 months now. First I’ll do some reflecting on this past month then some since the beginning. I weighed this morning and I was at 207 so that’s a pound back from Tuesday’s weigh in. That is a total of 13 for the month and a grand total of 86 since the first of December and only 7 to go to my goal of 200. I’ve also gone 112 days in a row without missing a day walking or running. I have to admit as I’m sitting here I can’t believe where I’m at in just 5 short months. Man why didn’t I do this sooner. Well let me stop with where this is going now and I’ll save this for the 5 month recap not the April one. This is the least I’ve lost in a month since I started, but that is given, as you get closer to the goal it’ll come off slower. April was a good month I had some challenges and reached some goals. Some the challenges were I had some of the strongest food cravings since I started this, but I didn’t give in. I didn’t look at the weather close enough one day and wasn’t aggressive enough and almost didn’t get to walk one day, but me and Summer got one in by walking in a pouring rain, we got soaked, but we got the work out in. I did my first 5K since I decided I was going to do this. I got in 150 miles of walking and running this past month, that was a goal I had set. I had a nice walk with my mom. I’ve set the goal to do the marathon in San Antonio in November (man that’s a big goal). Not only have I seen a change in me physically, but also spiritually and mentally over these past five months. Spiritually me and God have had some good talks while I’m out walking and running. Mentally, things don’t seem to bother me as much as they use to, I guess its true exercise is a great stress reliever. I’ve learned this is me doing this I can’t give anyone else the credit and if I stop I can’t give anyone else the blame….I’m making the calls in this game and I’m doing it today not tomorrow!

No comments: