Saturday, April 18, 2009



Well I did something today that if you had told me back on 30 Nov 08 that I would have been doing I would have said there is now way! I ran a 5K and check this out on my watch I had a time of 29 minutes and 1 second! The race was at Amory MS at the railroad festival. I was real nervous this morning not sure why, I felt confident I could finish. I don’t know my stomach was in knots and I was real ill and I had ran in races before even though that was several years ago. The run was good it was funny of course at the start it was piled up and trying to get settled in to a pace was awkward. Then I was having trouble getting my breathing right and I was afraid that I had started out to fast, but around five minutes into it my breathing leveled out and I felt good. I ran a good pace and felt good one time my legs felt tired but I told myself I’ve been through this before with the walking and felt tired and keep going so I can now with this and I got through it. Man I’m actually doing this since 1 Dec 08 I’ve lost 83 pounds and ran a 5K in less than 30 minutes……I’m doing this today and not tomorrow. Its kind scary I’ve just about got the weight loss beat now I’ve got to get after this running thing…..remember a marathon was part of this also….I just did the math and today was 100 days with out missing a walk/run what a way to celebrate hunh!............today not tomorrow!

No comments: