Sunday, May 3, 2009

3 May 09


Me after the run this morning

The Radar I was looking at.



This is the strom that came up Saturday


Well it’s been a good weekend. I’ve ha d a few challenges, but I made it through them. Friday night was a good change of pace for my walking. They were having a relay for life in the town I work in so I went there and walked there. I wasn’t on a team but it was fun waking with all the singing and stuff going on. Saturday I was getting my walk in and I got a call from Jenny telling me that the weather sirens were going off. I called work to see what the warning was and it was a tornado warning! It wasn’t even raining where I was walking but the warning was for about 10 miles from where I was at! I stopped walking then, so I only got in 2 miles Saturday, but I think that was a good excuse to stop don’t you? Then today I got up early to check on the weather so I could get my run/walk in before the projected storms got here. Well I didn’t get up early enough it was already raining with storms projected to be on there way. I went into work and carried my running shoes with me. I saw a break in the clouds on the radar so I took out running, I got in 4 miles running (without stopping) this is another first on this Journey and I did it in 43 minutes. After I ran I walked another mile to make it 5. I wanted to finish in 1 hour and I missed it by one second it took me one hour and one second to run/walk five miles. I couldn’t wait to run this morning all they into work I was looking at the road and imagining what it would be like to be running instead of driving. You know on the hills I could just feel me pushing to get up them then I could hear myself telling myself come you can do it; you can make it to the top. Then after I got through running this morning I had that runner’s high man it felt great and I was like I didn’t want to stop, don’t get me wrong I was tired, but when I was walking I had the urge to start running again. Like I said it felt great. I went with Jenny late this afternoon to buy groceries and at first I thought it was going to be tough, because I was hungry. So I started picking up everything I wanted and looking at how many calories it had in it and its weird, but I went from wanting to have it to I can’t believe I use to eat like that. There was one thing I use to get every time we went to the store as a snack to eat and drink on the way back home, I added it up to day and it was 900 calories! Wow! I’m doing this today not tomorrow!

No comments: