Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gout




I never thought I would say this, but I’m glad it was the gout. If you have never had the gout then you can’t know the pain that comes with it, it is tough. Monday Night while I was walking y left ankle began to get stiff. I didn’t think much about it then when I got home and got in the bed. It started hurting worse. I was starting to think that I had injured it and as I lay in the bed my mind started to run crazy. I was starting to get depressed. I couldn’t sleep, then around 1 AM I started think it might be the gout then by 3 AM I knew it was the gout. Man it was hurting bad, so much so I couldn’t sleep. I did hobble to the medicine cabinet and get some of the medicine that I have for it. Even Tuesday morning at around 8 I still couldn’t walk on it finally after lunch I could put a little weight on it so I went to the doc and got two shots, within an hour it started feeling better. I was supposed to run Tuesday night for the marathon training, but I knew I couldn’t do that, but I was able to walk. I walked 2 miles first then ate supper and it was still felling good so I walked three more. Summer called me and told me this before she knew I was going to try and walk, shed said I have it figured out you can do one lap on crutches and then you walking/running streak will still be alive. That meant so much to me to know she was thinking about me, I really do believe that she gets this that I’m doing and understands how bad I won’t, just like back to her being in the hospital and wanting to make sure I got my time in. She truly is my angel! My ankle was good today so I ran 4 after lunch and then walked and ran one more, man it felt good . I t rained some, but I actually enjoyed that part of it. I got my new running shoes I ordered in the mail today. I really do believe I’m going to like them they are so comfortable!......doing this today and not tomorrow!

No comments: