Tuesday, November 24, 2009

24 Nov 09 - Catch Up

Sunday
Friday

Wednesday

Well here’s a catch up of the past few days. Wednesday’s run went a lot better I felt good and my legs felt a lot stronger. I did 8 miles at a time of 1:17:17 for an over all pace of 9:40, so I was pleased with that. The rest of my week was crazy, I spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday on the road averaging over 7 hours traveling. I had to carry some inmates to prison on Wednesday and then Thursday My wife's brother graduated form the police academy so we went to his graduation. Then on Friday night I went to a high school football game with Summer. The tough part about that day was I went into work that morning at 4 so I had to get up at 3. I go off at 9, I went home and tried to take a nap, but couldn’t sleep so I got up and did some house work then at around noon I went to do my run. I had a very good run and a crazy one at that, I was worried about it, because I had been up so early, but it was a good run. There was this guy running when I started that was about a ¼ to half ahead of me and of course I took off to try and catch him, so I started a way to fast pace, just when I was about to pass him he stopped and started walking. There was so much traffic as I’m us to running early in the morning now, so I guess with all the folks around that got my adrenaline pumping also, then there the busses that came for the band and football players to go to the game and folks everywhere for that so I just kept running at a faster than normal pace. When it was all said and done I had ran my 7 miles in 1:04:17 for a 9:15 pace. It was a good strong run and I felt good after it. I was suppose to have ran 7 on Saturday, but I didn’t I was so tired I had like 5 hours sleep in the last 58 hours so I was extremely tired and I went home and went to bed after I got off work Saturday morning. Sunday’s run was 15 miles, the weather was perfect to run and I had a real good run. Kind of the norm with the legs being heavy the first few miles then for into a rhythm and felt real good between 4 and 11, started to get a little tired then, but nothing major and I finished strong doing the last mile right at my 10:00 per mile goal pace with an over all time of 2:39:00 for an overall average pace of 10:36. I bought me a belt with a pouch to put my gu in for the marathon and ran with it Sunday, it worked fine and I’m glad of that. This morning I just had to run 5, I did a nice easy five miles. Felt a little stiff and heavy, but as the run went on I got to feeling better. It’s hard for me to believe that the marathon is not this weekend, but the next. I have so many emotions going through me right now it’s crazy. I’ll save that for another post. Doing this today not tomorrow.

No comments: