Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ida











It was a wet and windy run this morning and kind of cool although the temp was 49 the wind and rain made it feel real cool. Tropical Strom Ida was moving through, so that brought the rain. We were supposed to be right on the line of where it was coming. I was hoping it would miss us, but it didn’t. I did have thoughts about not running, but this is my last big week before I start the taper so I wanted to get it in, so I did and of course when it was over I was glad I did. I couldn’t help but think that the folks who saw me running this morning must have thought I was crazy. I felt good on the run, my times were a little slower, but running in the rain and the wind slowed me down so no big deal as it was an accomplishment just doing it. I have 10 to do in the morning and I’m looking forward to better weather! Like I said this is my last big week and it ends with a 22 mile run on Sunday and that will be my longest ever. I’m nervous about it, I’ll admit I’m scared about it also, like what if I don’t make it, what if I hurt real bad when it’s over……what will that do to me mentally for the marathon. I don’t know I’ve just got to give it may all and not just physically but mentally too and I can do it I guess! I’m nervous and excited about the marathon now I am looking forward to it, but it’s just hard to believe that I’m this close now. Doing this today not tomorrow!

No comments: