Monday, November 30, 2009

Where Do I start? One Year Later




Where do I start?
Wow one year ago today I had decided to get serious about this weight loss and attempt to someday run a marathon. I ate my “last supper” see the picture on the right of this blog. I started mentally preparing myself for this on the 30th of November 08 and actually started eating right and exercising on the 1st of December. I never imagined I would be where I’m at today. In 5 days I will be running my first Marathon and I lost 109 pounds since this time last year. I have gained a few back with the training; I haven’t weighed myself because I’ve tried to eat right and with the long runs and more frequent runs I had to eat more to keep my energey up. I’m not worried about the few pounds now. After my recovery from he marathon I’ll weigh and see where I’m at an work on getting ride of those few extra pounds I’ve gained. Not sure what my next goal will be as far as running goes. I’m going to start looking at what marathons are coming up close by next year and maybe do some halves. There is one half in Birmingham in February I may try and do it, just not sure yet.
Now about my long run yesterday, It was OK, wasn’t as easy as I had expected my legs were stiff and heavy, they did loosen up some and felt good at times, just not overall what I had expected and I had some many little twinges here an there. This kind of had me worried last night and I couldn’t sleep thinking about it, you know what If I’m not ready for this etc. I woke up this morning with a different attitude and I’m actually starting to get excited about it, I told Summer this is like Super Bowl week for me. Well I’m going to run for now, only two 5 mile runs this week tomorrow and Thursday…..today not tomorrow!

No comments: