Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 12 of 16 Marathon training Plan











This week has been an interesting one, as I talked about Wednesday I have just felt blah this week. I got all my runs in as scheduled and today’s long run went pretty well. I did 15 my overall pace time was slow; I did have two bathroom breaks and 3 water breaks in so that ate a little bit of time. I finished the last two just a few seconds over my goal pace of 10 so I’m happy with that. It was a nice morning to run the sunrise was beautiful. It was around 42 degrees when I started so it was really just right. I’ve got one more week on a lot of mileage left, I logged 47 this week and I think its 48 or so for next week then I start my taper. I’m tired I won’t lie my legs fell fatigued I guess that the way the training program is designed and the taper will help me recover and be ready for the race. This Sunday will be my 22 miler it will be my longest, I’ll have to admit I’m kind of nervous about it and also excited about it at the same time. It’s starting to sink in that I’m only a month away from attempting this goal of running a marathon. It’s exciting and scary at the same time, I’ve just got to reach down inside and do this> I’m trying to not look past the marathon, but I have been thinking about what my next goal will be, I’m not sure, but I’m glad I’m in the mind set of planning something, because I do want to make the healthy lifestyle thing a lifelong thing. Well I’m going to run for now, doing this today not tomorrow!

No comments: