Wednesday, August 5, 2009

5 Aug 09 Cramps


Today Goals:
1 - Drink a gallon of water √ Done
2 - Take my vitamins (a multivitamin, fish oil and an msm with glucosamine) √ Done
3 - Do some core/ab exercises √ 3 sets 10 flutter kicks
4 - Do some push ups √ 10
5 - Do my marathon training √ 4 Mile Run
6 - Update the blog daily! √ Done
7 - Track what I eat at livestrong.com and shoot for 2,000 calories a day √ Done

Very interesting day today. I woke up this morning at 3 AM with a cramp in my right calf, man it hurt. Then when the alarm clock went off at 5 I must have stretched because I caught another one in my left calf, that one hurt pretty good too. I told myself well I’m not going to run because I’ll probably cramp up anyway. I laid there and thought about it and I said you know I have got to go and try this if I want this marathon, nobody said it would be easy and I know there will be some pain and discomfort, but hey it will be worth it. So I got up and ran, there was only 4 miles on the schedule, no cramps my calves were tight for the first mile and a half and my knee was stiff for the first couple, but I finished feeling good. After the run I felt so good even though it was just a short run I had that runner’s high I was so pumped. I’m doing this today not tomorrow. The picture is of my calves about 30 minutes after my run, just hours before they both were cramped up.

No comments: