Sunday, August 2, 2009

Catch Up

Sitting here today trying to think things through, and look at where I am at and where I’m going. I don’t know the last couple of weeks I’ve just been kind of blah, I’ve eaten a lot more, not a lot of bad stuff just a lot of the goof stuff I’ve been eating along this journey. I have had some good runs and some “I don’t feel like doing this runs”. I really don’t know where to start, I guess here; I’m putting down me some daily goals and want to be able to check them off each day. A lady that I follow her blog does this and it gave me the idea so here are mine:

1 - Drink a gallon of water
2 - Take my vitamins (a multivitamin, fish oil and an msm with glucosamine)
3 - Do some core/ab exercises
4 - Do some push ups
5 - Do my marathon training (more about this later)
6 - Update the blog daily!
7 - Track what I eat at livestrong.com and shoot for 2,000 calories a day.

Now about the marathon I have decided to do the St Jude Marathon in Memphis, TN on the 5 of Dec 09 here’s my training schedule I got it out of the Aug issue of Runner’s World on page 57. This one will be 1 year and 4 days after I started this journey so that will put me close to the one year point like I wanted just a few days over, it’s only about 2 hours from here and hey it is for a real good cause. So now we have the daily goals that are a part of the big goal.

Now reflecting back on what has went on since my last post back on 19 Jul. Like I said I have had some good runs not so good runs, a short run where I just stopped running (more on that later). One of the good runs that stand out was back on 22nd of Jul it was raining; I just love to run in the rain that was such a fun run. Then on the 23rd it was foggy, that was a sluggish run just wasn’t into it not sure why guess there will be those kind of days.

Now for the run that stopped it was on 21 Jul 09. The day before someone has sent me a video and I watched and it really got me to thinking. That morning on the 21st I was running and pondering over the movie. I’m a Christian and the movie was about putting yourself second and God first. As I was running and looking at my life God started to show me how I had put running and this weight loss journey first in mine and he started to show me areas in my life and ways I was not putting him first. I just had to stop running. I walked over to a bench in the park on the trail in Hamilton and just sat there, for awhile not thinking about anything then had a talk with God and got things back in order. If you like to see what the videos are about check this out. I am Second.

Ok so here we on this second leg of this journey, time to get focused again and go after this marathon! Doing it today not tomorrow!

No comments: