Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Blister







Well I’m sitting here at the computer at 6 AM on Sunday morning the 23rd of August. I should be taking the first steps of a 7 mile run right now. I got up at 5:30 this morning got everything ready to leave by 5:45 and when I put my shoes on I had a blister on my right heal and it was extremely uncomfortable. I would love to say it just came out of now where and I would like to blame it on someone else, but I know where it came from and its nobodies fault but mine. I got it yesterday when I was weed eating the yard. I put on my shoes without any socks and it did run through my mind that hey you might get a blister; I brushed it off and went ahead anyway. It did start to rub, so I came back in the house and put on some socks and even changed shoes. It was too late I already had the blister. Since I didn’t wear any shoes after that I had forgotten about till I put my shoes on this morning. I don’t want to admit it, but I will, I was mad when I realized what had happen and I wasn’t going to be able to run this morning. At first I wanted to blame some one else I was getting mad at my son he’s 22 and still lives at home so he should have been weed eating for me right? The anger quickly passed and I started to look at myself, nobody to blame but me. I guess this is the wake up call I needed to remind me that being able to do this marathon will be an accumulation of many things and not just going out there and running. I’ve got to get enough sleep, I got to eat the right things (and not to much of them, I haven’t been eating the best lately, I’ve stopped logging my meals and let some ole stuff creep in), I’ve got to take my vitamins, I’ve got mentally prepare myself for this. I wanted those 7 miles this morning, but maybe this is what I needed instead a reality check, a reminder just what it is that I’m trying to do. This isn’t something everyone does its takes discipline in many areas to accomplish it; it’s not something you just say hey I want to do this and then do it. I guess the good Lord was looking out for me, I should be able to recover from this blister pretty quick and get back on track and this little burp has help me mentally so maybe it has gotten me back on track there.
The rest of the week has been good my other runs were 4 miles on Friday and yesterday, both were easy runs. I did them in just under a 10 mile pace so I was happy with that. I had a little surprise on yesterdays run. I’ve seen many animals since I started this journey while I’ve been out there walking and running. I’ve seen deer, rabbits, squirrels, foxes, coyotes, all kinds of birds, armadillos, ducks these are a few that come to my mind now I probably have seen others. I hadn’t seen any snakes till yesterday. I was funny because one day last week I thought about that, that I hadn’t seen any snakes. I did my run in Hamilton yesterday and a turn around point is in a church parking lot, when I went in the parking lot I almost stepped on a snake, not a big one but it still scared me for a minute. I jumper straight up! After the run I went back and it was still there in the same place. It was cool yesterday morning and I guess the asphalt was warm so he was just hanging out. I saw a beautiful sunrise Friday morning, I love watching the sun rise. We’ll I’m going to go now, may catch me a nap before church. Sitting down and talking about this has helped me feel better; maybe I’ll be able to run tonight! Doing this today not tomorrow,

No comments: