Thursday, January 1, 2009

1 Jan 09


Wow I sit here today not starting a new years resolution to lose weight, but one moth into my journey and it’s with a smile on my face that I can say I weighed this morning and I weighed 272, that is 21 pounds since I started on 1 Dec 08. I actually started mentally the night of the 30th of November but the 1st was the day I started trying to eat better and started walking.
I have a lot to talk about today, so this may get long, sorry! Yesterday was a unique day…. I did good eating till supper and I honestly was trying to do good, but I made a huge mistake. We’ll get to that later on. I was eating a grapefruit for breakfast yesterday morning at my desk and my boss came in and he said your taking this weight loss thing serious aren’t you by eating that thing for breakfast, he said that’s making my lips pucker watching you eat it. I told him yea I had much rather be having a sausage biscuit for breakfast. For lunch I ate a baked chicken breast with green beans and corn, with no bread. I’ll be honest though that that meat loaf, fried okra and mac and cheese and roll sure did look good on the food line, but I ate the good for me stuff. Yesterday afternoon me and a guy I work with, road around to take some pictures for a grant we are working on and we stopped in at a store to get a drink. I got a diet green tea and was looking for something to eat so I was checking the calories on all the labels he said what in the world are you doing I said checking calories he said why and walked away. We got in the car and I had chosen a pack of wheat crackers with peanut butter that had 180 calories and he had a Pepsi and Reese’s pieces. We were driving down the road and he asked me if I wanted some and I said no thanks, then he started to smell of them, I said you’re sorry and we had a good laugh about it. For supper here’s the mess up. Jenny and I planned to go out to eat for new years and she wanted to go to the Olive Garden so we did. I looked on the menu for something healthy and they have a few items identified with leaf that are low fat. So I chose one of them when I got home I checked on the computer and I had ate almost a 1000 calories, to much. I learned a valuable lesson I’ve got to do my homework before I go and not mess up like that again. I did get my 2 mile walk in, but I’m going to talk about that in another post titled my New Years. Well I have One month down and the rest of my life to go…I’m doing this today not tomorrow!


Disclaimer – That is not me eating the Reese’s Pieces it’s my Buddy.

No comments: